Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've been thinking about pride today and how easy it is to think your (I'm) better than some. I'm really not. When I really think about it, I don't feel superior to anyone. I know we are all God's children. I know we all come from different backgrounds and my way isn't better than others, just different. In my history class I'm taking....they really aren't stupid people. Those kids are there because they want to learn, to improve themselves, their lives. My earlier post was lame. And thinking back, the world did revolve around me before I got married and had kids. That's normal. (Right?) And truthfully, some of people in my class are so smart. They ask a question and I'm like, hmm, never thought about it like that. So, the point to this post is to say that
1. I'm sorry for calling people stupid
2. Being older doesn't always mean I'm smarter (but maybe wiser as to what's most important in life)

4 comments:

Jenni James said...

Aww... You're so good Holly. I mean it! What a wonderful post. And I'm glad you're finding some love with your class now! LOL! (But i do still believe you, I'm sure some of them at some point or another can be annoying. LOL! But who can't?) LOL! Just look at me and my attempts at school! hahahah!

Holly said...

Thanks Jenni.
I think it's awesome you are taking a writing class. I would so be intimidated with all of those grown-ups. I'll stick with the kids. Do you ever feel like you aren't grown-up, but we aren't really kids anymore either. Growing up is wierd.

Melissa said...

Nice thoughts! I am glad you like your class.

Robbins Family said...

Well, I love you to pieces Holly! You are so kind! I hope I can be like you some day. I just think some people really are stupid. Thanks for being a good friend!